Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood
Developer: Andrew G. Schneider, based in Silver Spring, MD
Release Date: July 8th, 2017
Platforms: iOS (iPhone + iPad)
Price: USD $5.99
Game Website: www.nockedthegame.com
Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood is a text-based role-playing game that blends interactive fiction, resource management, and base building against the backdrop of Sherwood Forest. Player choices have both dramatic and mechanical consequences that shape the framework of the Merry Men’s resistance against the Sheriff of Nottingham.
Nocked began as an independent project in March 2013 – intended as a quick promotional work to diversify Andrew’s writing and game design portfolio. What followed were several roller coaster years and multiple publishers until he met Chris Klimas, the force behind the popular Twine storytelling engine. In collaboration with Chris and his company, Unmapped Path, Nocked debuts the new Disbound engine, bringing Twine's versatility to mobile platforms.
- 10+ hours of gameplay incorporating 400,000+ words of text and 4,500+ unique narrative actions (That’s over four novels worth of material). No single playthrough is the same; this is interactive fiction on an epic scale! Play as male or female Robin.
- 9 romanceable characters, including both same and opposite-sex relationships.
- 5 unique backstories that change the way the world responds to your actions.
- 4 difficulty levels. Resource management can be an afterthought or a vital element in your decision-making.
- 3 customizable bases, each with a unique look and play style. Build your base and see it reflected in the art and story.
- 127 pieces of hand-drawn art by Amanda Spaid.
- 50 different endings. See the culmination of your choices and their effect upon the world.
- Play for minutes or hours at a time. A robust autosave keeps track of your progress.
- Adjustable text size.
- Share your achievements on Twitter.
- Built on Disbound, a powerful new engine created by Unmapped Path that transforms Twine stories into rich experiences for mobile platforms.
Story and game design by Andrew G. Schneider | Layout design by Stephanie Martinez | Art by Amanda Spaid | Disbound engine by Unmapped Path